Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rain Upon Laundry

I listened to a bit of The Thirteen Gun Salute while I did laundry at the laundromat. Unfortunately the book I checked out is a great deal less pleasant than the previous ones owing the the flat grating voice of Richard Brown. I have put in a request from interlibrary loan for the one read by the actor Patrick Tull. He does not go all the way to making it a radio play, but he does do the accents and some of the way the voices might sound. I like this dramatic reading style in part because it helps figure out who is thinking or saying something.

The rain that is coming down will probably make my laundry dry more slowly and it isn't pleasant to go out, but it is washing away the grim and making the air fresh. I like crisp autumnal days like this. As long as I don't have to be out in them very long.

Now I must figure out what I shall do for dinner. Richard will be home soon and I have people to call as well.

No comments: