Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Disappeared

Mercedonius 2 after AUC 2760, Nones

Going back through my old posts to clean up and tag them I discovered someone who used to comment on my journal, Yonmei, has been suspended. I don't know why, I don't know when, and I cannot remember if we'd stopped reading each other first. Not having her journal there to refer to is like having a bit of my memory missing. This is one of the biggest negatives about LJ. At either personal whim or the whim of the company things I'd like to know can just disappear. I do not like it. I particularly do not like that even her comments on my journal are hidden from me if they still exist at all. If I knew of any company I could trust to host my journal more honestly I would be gone starting today.\

Original Comments from LJ:
JcFiala
Isn't there the internet archive? I know there's supposed to be a website online that keeps records of websites...

But yeah, that does suck how livejournal makes someone into an unperson.
Mishalak
I think it has reached the breaking point for me. I'm investigating options.
Bugshaw
It was during the breastfeeding icon upheavals. yonmei is on greatestjournal now if you want to catch up.
Mishalak
Thanks. Don't know if I want to or not... No open ID option over there. That's a point. Better make sure whatever service I migrate to has some form of open ID so that the people I leave behind can come comment if they want to.

No comments: