Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some Forward Motion

I am clearly not out of danger yet, but I have some forward motion under my feet and that is a good feeling. I called every 15 minutes for the last two days to the unemployment line and I finally got through today at three. I still don't know if I'm going to get anything, but I have some hope. A very, very little bit of hope.

To sum up the story so far I was a depressed slug and did not return the right forms at the right times, so I've screwed myself out of weeks of unemployment insurance. But I might yet save myself from complete disaster.

In the mean time I am looking with a critical eye at anything of value. Old silver jewelry, coins, books, etc. Anything that might be turned into cash. Sentimental value is very low right now for a specter of homelessness has begun to haunt me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Matthew. *hugs*