Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Perky Morning

Night after work seems to be when I am at my low ebb. I feel uninspired, often unhappy, and unmotivated at such times. But when I wake up in the morning I feel totally restored by blessed sleep. Perhaps I am a morning person after all, I'm just not as early a morning person as living in the countryside requires.

I lived all of my formative years in Elizabeth, Colorado. That's a small town due east from Castle Rock, which is itself nearly halfway between downtown Denver and downtown Colorado Springs. I went to high school at a private institution in southeast Aurora. To get there each day I would get up early, five or six in the morning early, and ride with my mother on her way to work. I arrived at school early and left late since the drive for her to Lakewood was another hour or so beyond where I needed to be.

If there is one thing I am sure of it is that I never, ever want to be in the situation where I have to go on an hour long ride to my place of work, much less the hour and forty-five minute journey made by my mother. I dislike driving in any case, but having to do it for two or more hours each day going and returning would make me quite grumpy. This is why I think I shall always be a city dweller.

Getting up at seven or half past in the morning is just fine by me. I'm up, cheerful and making breakfast and tea. I'm even feeding Richard's fish with a modicum of good cheer though I'd rather not have to do that job. It looks to be another beautifully cloudy day in Colorado.

I may post later about my online LED searching adventures.

No comments: